A team of 16 young female Ugandan volleyball players is currently undergoing intensive training under the technical guidance of Coach Alex Mbaine.
These teenagers who are mainly secondary school students, are camped in Isingiro at Boni Consilii Girls’ Vocational Secondary School since 2nd November 2020, and are set to spend two weeks in the Western part of the country before coming back to Kampala to have a feel on the indoor atmosphere ahead of the championship that is set for 4th to 13 December 2020 Kampala.
Coach Alex Mbaine feels that this preparation is good enough for his players, and he expects better results compared to the previous campaign in Nairobi.
“In Nairobi, the team had limited time to train together due to financial challenges. There was no time for camp and this affected their performance, but now we have some time to prepare the girls. Our target is a podium finish.” Alex Mbaine said.
Uganda finished 9th in the last campaign, and already, Tanzania, Egypt, Tunisia, and Cameroon have shown interest to take part in this year’s edition.
Players in Camp.
1. Rita Murungi, Maryhill High School Mbarara
2. RenataKamahoro, Maryhill High School Mbarara
3. Ingrid Natukunda, St Elizabeth Girls Mbarara
4. DaphineMpumwire, St Elizabeth Girls Mbarara
5. Gracious Kushemerwa, St Elizabeth Girls Mbarara
6. ArindaNduhukire, Immaculate Heart Girls’ School Nyakibale
7. Tracy Amutuhaire, Immaculate Heart Girls’ School Nyakibale
8. Catherine Ainembabazi, Martin Luther King College Kireka
9. Patience Nayebare, Immaculate Heart Girls’ School Nyakibale
10. Tracy Kedi, Hilton High School Mukono
11. Catherine Amoding, Hilton High School Mukono
12. Catherine Tino, Immaculate Heart Girls’ School Nyakibale
13. Rebecca Kwagala, Katikamu SDA Wobulenzi
14. JenifarAlungat, Merryland High School Entebbe
15. NaioNaioNoveline, Our Lady of Africa Mukono
16. Martha Jolly Ainembabazi, Immaculate Heart Girls’ School Nyakibale
By Fredrick Kalyango